The operators and public authorities concerned can contact the duty office of the BIPT Network Security Department 24/7. The contact details of this duty office have been transmitted to them and are available on the site of the Network Security Department.
Incidents reaching at least one of the thresholds below must be notified:
- the incident is lasting for at least 1 hour and is affecting at least 25,000 end-users;
- the incident has an impact on the network and is affecting the access to emergency services via this
- the incident has an impact on the interconnections in Belgium, affecting other operators in Belgium or abroad;
- The incident has an impact on a network component considered by the operator as critical for the operation of its networks and services.
- Without delay, brief notification over the nature and impact of the incident by e-mail or by telephone (points of contact of the duty office);
- Within 5 working days, complete notification by means of the form available on this site.
For more information, see the Decision of 14 December 2017.
Notification of a breach regarding personal data
Such a breach must be notified on the website of the Data Protection Authority.
(Justice) Coordination Cell
Operators must implement a coordination cell to respond to information requests from judicial authorities and the intelligence and security services. This cell should be accessible 24/7. Each operator must submit and update the contact details of the duty office on the website. Moreover, the member(s) of this cell must have a positive security advice.
Questions of emergency services providing on-site assistance
Operators are requested to submit and update the contact details of their employees who are able to process the requests of emergency services providing on-site assistance, which can arise in case of difficult identification of a call, on this website.
For any question (including in case of a problem with the access to one of the websites above), please contact the Network Security Department at +32 (0)2 226 89 77 or by e-mail.
- Support document for the preparation of a security plan
- Decision of 14 December 2017 regarding the thresholds and terms and conditions for reporting of security incidents within the electronic communications sector
- Information Brochure about the Duty to Collaborate with the Judicial Authorities
- BIPT note for the attention of the operators regarding the Act of 1 September 2016 and the “prepaid cards” Royal Decree of 27 November 2016