According to their needs, undertakings can buy standard broadband access or high-quality access. High-quality business connectivity is based on the following technologies: SDH, WDM and Ethernet. That type of connectivity is intended for undertakings setting high demands in terms of speed, latency, transparency, etc.
Standard broadband services, provided via xDSL, G.PON or Eurodocsis technologies, are addressed in the category “Broadband & Broadcasting”.
Decisions linked to the market analysis of 13 December 2019
The following decisions have been adopted or are being adopted following the market analysis of 13 December 2019:
Market analysis of 2013
The Decision of 8 August 2013 identifies Proximus as an operator with significant market power on the high-quality access market. For this reason, Proximus must, among other things, open its network to competitors and publish a reference offer describing the available services and their prices. That regulated reference offer was developed by Proximus under the name BROTSoLL.
The decision of 8 August 2013 is complemented by two decisions determining in more detail the obligations imposed on Proximus:
- The decision of 11 August 2014 on the addition of next generation leased lines (NGLL) to the BROTSoLL reference offer
- The decision of 19 March 2015 on tariffs for next generation leased lines (NGLL)
Market analysis of 2007
The first market analysis decision on business connectivity was adopted on 17 January 2007. Seven other decisions complemented afterwards the regulatory framework implemented by this analysis.
- Decision of 22 August 2007 (modification of the cost accounting decisions)
- Decision of 30 January 2008 (BROTSoLL offer, qualitative aspects)
- Decision of 3 December 2008 (BROTSoLL offer, tariffs)
- Decision of 18 March 2009 (KPI of the BROTSoLL offer)
- Decision of 8 April 2009 (margin squeeze test of Ethernet leased lines)
- Decision of 17 June 2009 (various amendments to the BROTSoLL offer)
- Decision of 11 August 2011 regarding the BRUO, BROBA, WBA DSL2 and BROTSoLL offers (Open Calendar, Certified Technicians and BROBA Ethernet Dedicated VLAN)
Before the implementation of the market analyses system, the regulatory framework for high-quality business connectivity was mainly implemented via the decisions below regarding the BRIO interconnection offer of Belgacom.