On 22 June 2020, the National Security Council approved a series of additional security measures concerning mobile networks.
Following this, a draft bill introducing additional security measures for the provision of mobile 5G services and a draft Royal Decree with a view to a secure 5G roll-out were submitted for public consultation from 2/12/2020 to 30/12/2020 on the website of the BIPT.
This draft Royal Decree was supplemented by a second draft Royal Decree introducing additional security measures for the provision of mobile 5G services for full MVNOs and the use of service providers.
This second draft was submitted for public consultation from 07/05/5021 to 04/06/2021.
A new draft Royal Decree has been prepared and aims at introducing location requirements for 5G networks. This consultation concerns the new draft Royal Decree.
This consultation concerns the new draft Royal Decree.
At the request of the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Civil Service, Public Enterprises, Telecommunication and the Postal Services, the BIPT is organising a public consultation on the texts in the annex.
How to react to this document?
- Until 17 December 6 p.m.
- Only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- With the reference CONSULT-2021-E2
- Contact person: Network Security Department (+32 2 226 89 78)
- Responses must only be submitted electronically at the mentioned address.
- Please attach this cover form to your response.
- Your comments should refer to the paragraphs and/or sections they relate to, and confidential parts should be clearly indicated.