How to submit a complaint?
- In writing (the form is available at BIPT's reception desk;
- By email, following the form available on the website;
- By post: BIPT | Complaints coordinator | Ellipse Building C | Boulevard du Roi Albert II 35 box 1 | 1030 Brussels.
Your complaint must comply with the following criteria:
- Your complaint must be justified and you must show personal interest;
- It must mention your name and address and, preferably, your email address. Anonymous complaints will not be investigated;
- Your complaint must concern a service provided by BIPT. If not, it will, as far as possible, be transmitted to the administration concerned.
- All complaints will be received and handled with attention, efficiency and courtesy;
- You complaint will be handled confidentially, in line with the legal and regulatory provisions regarding privacy protection;
- An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to you within five working days and your complaint will be transmitted to the service concerned, who will consider your remark. A reasoned response will be sent to you within 40 calendar days.
Separate procedure for complaints regarding BIPT's criminal investigation officers
You can file a complaint with Committee P if that complaint regards the general functioning of BIPT's officials in their capacity of criminal investigation officers:
- By post to the Permanent Control Committee of the Police Forces, rue de la Presse 35/1, 1000 Brussels
You are not satisfied with the answer from our internal complaints management service?
In that event, you have the possibility to submit a complaint with the federal Ombudsman.