You are entitled to:
- an invoice, delivered free of charge at least 4 times a year.
- a free and detailed invoice. Describing your calls and your Internet consumption in detail. You request this invoice when you do not agree with the amount you have to pay.
- has to clearly mention the tariff simulator.
- has to state, at least once a year, which subscription is the cheapest for you.
To that effect the telecom operator uses your user profile. That profile registers whether or not you call a lot, whether or not you send a lot of text messages, whether or not you use a lot of mobile data.
- has to state your rights in case you switch operator.
Example: Are you entitled to keep your e-mail address or your phone number when you switch?
What has to be mentioned on the telecom invoice?
The basic invoice has to consist of 2 parts:
- the summary including the total amount to be paid for the period of the invoice;
- the outline including
- the different categories of services being charged,
- the number of times the unit rate for such a service has been charged,
example: 45 minutes of mobile calls, 118 GB of data
- the total amount invoiced per category of service,
- the reductions that possibly apply, and
- the total amount due.
The invoice moreover has to mention whether the contract is definite or indefinite and in case of a definite contract it should be stated as of which date cancellation fees no longer apply.
Once a year the operator also has to indicate on the invoice which tariff plan would save you more money based on your user profile.